1st Edenbridge Scout Group – Privacy Notice
What is this Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice sets out what we do with Personal Data in connection with 1st Edenbridge Scout Group and what you can expect from us as part of our obligations when processing this Personal Data.
What data are we gathering?
We may hold Personal Data (including Sensitive Personal Data) about members, parents/guardians and volunteers. We believe it is important to be open and transparent about how we will use your Personal Data. Information we may hold includes the following:
- name and contact details;
- age/date of birth;
- details of any health conditions;
- awards and attendance information in connection with the Group and maybe hobbies and other information in relation to awards.
Why do we collect this information?
We use this information to communicate with you and to carry out our obligations as Leaders in the Group. We also have a responsibility to keep information about you, both during your membership and afterwards (due to our safeguarding responsibilities and also to help us if you leave or re-join). In addition, we collect data for registration to events, including nights away, in some cases this data will be Sensitive Personal Data, which we ask for to allow us to provide appropriate care for members whilst under our supervision. The list of activities we carry out as part of Scouting that may require the use of Personal Data include:
- To manage our volunteers
- To manage our membership records
- To update you on events and meetings
- To fundraise for the Scout Group
- To process Gift Aid applications
- To arrange and provide appropriate, safe activities for our members
How do we gather data?
We gather data through a variety of methods, these include:
- contact form on our website
- Information you provide by email
- Joiners forms
- Event registration forms.
When will we delete this data?
We may keep information for different periods of time for different purposes as required by law or best practice. As far as membership information is concerned, to make sure of continuity (for example leavers and then re-joiners) and to carry out our legal responsibilities relating to safeguarding young people, we keep membership information throughout the membership and after it ends.
Who has access to this data and who do we share it with?
Only those members who need membership information to carry out their role have access to that information.
We may share membership data with other local scouting groups where this is required to deliver the scouting group obligations, such as visiting leaders or shared events. We may also share data within The Scout Association. We do not store payment card details, and we do not share data with any other third parties unless we get specific consent to do so.
Where will the data be stored?
This data is securely stored and accessible only by those entitled to do so. We take data security seriously.
What are your rights to your Personal Data
As a Data Subject you have rights over your own data that you can exercise at any time, these are:
- Data is accurate – we must ensure your data is accurate
- Data is erased – we must erase data if not needed or if requested by you
- Data is available – we must be able to provide a copy of your data back to you if requested
- Data processing is limited – we must cease any processing activity if you object to it or it is not necessary
- Consent withdrawal – we must allow you to withdraw your consent at anytime
In the event that you wish to contact us to exercise these rights or for any further queries on this Privacy Notice please contact email@example.com .